ACCEPTING CLIENTS?: (updated regularly)
I am currently welcoming as new clients any adult (18+) dealing with OCD or other anxiety disorder. Please call me if you are not sure if this applies to you. Refer to the International OCD Foundation website for general information about OCD.
TELEHEALTH and COVID-19
During the COVID-19 crisis (likely until a vaccine is widely available), I will be doing sessions only via telehealth - using Simple Practice's HIPAA compliant video chat technology. Here is some basic information:
* Insurances are being required to reimburse for telehealth during this crisis. As long as your insurance is listed below, do not worry about coverage. Clients need to be located within Massachusetts.
* Please make sure you have read and electronically signed the Telehealth Consent (included in online paperwork).
* Ten minutes before the telehealth appointment begins, you will receive an email with a link to open the video session.
* If using a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam, there is no need to download any software. You simply open the link from your email to start the session. It is best to use the Google Chrome browser, but other browsers work, too.
* If using a smartphone or tablet, first download the Simple Practice Telehealth app.
Click link below for more information and tips (but this is not necessary):
Telehealth Handout by Simple Practice
HOW TO GET STARTED:
Getting started with me is simple and quick without any phone tag. Just follow the steps below.
STEP #1: Review my website to see if I am a good fit for you and if using insurance, check list below to make sure I accept your insurance plan. If, after reviewing my website, you aren't sure if I'd be a good fit or if you'd prefer to talk first, then leave me a voicemail and I'll call you back within a few days to answer your questions.
STEP #2: (Please do both of these at the same time)
- Use the scheduling portal (below) to request your first appointment (preferably at least two days away). The appointment is held in my schedule until I confirm it via email. Make sure you receive an email confirmation before coming to your first appointment.
- After requesting an appointment, call me and if you get my confidential voicemail, leave the following information in your message. If phone calls make you nervous, feel free to send me this information via email.
- your first and last name spoken clearly and spelled if necessary
- briefly how you think I could help you (currently this would mean briefly confirming you are dealing with OCD)
- if using insurance, leave: birthdate and name of ins. and member ID# (not group ID)
- say if you want an appointment reminder (text, email, or voicemail)
The email appointment confirmation will have a link to fill out online paperwork using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Please call me if you have any questions or concerns about this.
Clients can conveniently request or cancel an appointment by using the scheduling portal (below). If you don't see a time that works for you, please call or email me with a few specific times over the next few weeks that would work for you. I can often re-arrange my work or personal schedule. The scheduling portal does not show times available more than one month away.
Appointments less than 24 hours away won't allow online booking. Use portal to view available times, then leave me a voicemail to request an appointment and I will call you to confirm it.
Typical schedule: Tues.-Thur. mornings, early to mid afternoons and some weekday evenings and some Sat. mornings
***** NEW CLIENTS: Please follow "How to Get Started" instructions above.
* Beacon Health Strategies: BMC HealthNet, Fallon Health, GIC, Senior Care Options, Senior Whole Health
* Blue Cross - Blue Shield of Massachusetts (all plans)
* MultiPlan, including PHCS, PHCS Savility
* Tufts Health Plan
* Tufts Public Options (Network Health): Tufts Health Together and Tufts Health Direct (NOT Tufts Health Unify)
* United Behavioral Health (Optum): Harvard Pilgrim, AllWays Health Partners (formerly Neighborhood Health Plan)
* UnitedHealthCare UMR
DON'T SEE YOUR INSURANCE ABOVE? You can choose to do self-pay or call your insurance company to ask if they offer "out of network" benefits or apply for a "single case agreement" (treat me as being in-network just for you; especially relevant when you can't find a specialist who takes your insurance).
Major credit cards accepted.
Session length is based on what insurance covers.
45-minute intake: $110
Each 45 min. session: $110
CANCELLATION / NO SHOW POLICY
Whenever possible, please give me at least 2 hours notice to cancel an appointment. Clients who do not give a 2 hour notice are asked to pay a $25 fee.